What steps do you need to consider to put things in place for the future?
Good corporate governance promotes investor and lender confidence.
What do you need to know about corporate governance? Download our Aegis Biz hour presentation on Governance 101 for Directors.
Want to learn more about Beneficial Ownership? Download our brochure.
Keeping You Compliant, Organised, and Efficient
Aegis Business Solutions Limited is a recognised expert in outsourced Corporate Secretarial and Governance in Trinidad and Tobago.
We attend to your corporate secretarial needs, leaving you free to concentrate on your core competence.
Keeping the legal and administrative wheels of your company turning smoothly is both time-consuming and requires specialist knowledge of the laws and regulations of the jurisdiction.
Since 2001, Aegis has provided a premium Corporate Secretarial and Governance services to local, regional and international entities.
Our services include:
- Entity Formation
- Statutory Compliance
- Corporate Secretarial Advisory
- Board Support and Minutes
- Corporate Governance Advisory
- Compliance Health Checks
- Estate Planning
Aegis provides advice and full formation services for any registered entity in Trinidad and Tobago.
Our experts can advise on:
- Incorporation of local companies
- Acquisition of “shelf” companies
- Registration of external companies
- Registration of sole traders and firms
We are fully qualified to guide you through all processes for setting up an entity. Our advice is based on an intimate knowledge of the laws and regulations, and industry best practices.
Our premium compliance service covers all the statutory compliance requirements in Trinidad and Tobago. You will enjoy peace of mind knowing that your company remains fully compliant with the Companies Act, 1995.
For your convenience, we offer this service on a retainer basis with pre-agreed fixed fees.
Our compliance services include:
- Provision of Company Secretary
- Provision of Power of Attorney for external companies
- Provision of address of the registered office for companies
- Preparation and filing of Annual Returns for local and external companies
- Preparation and filing of notices and other statutory returns, as required by the Companies Act, 1995
- Preparation and filing of fundamental changes in external companies
- Amendment of Articles and By-Laws for local companies
- Maintenance of statutory registers
Corporate Secretarial Advisory
Aegis Corporate and Governance offers a specialist advisory service that guides clients on technical issues and company constitutional matters.
This could be as a one-off consultation, or as matters arising during an ongoing relationship.
We advise on:
- Group restructuring, including application for stamp duty relief
- Amalgamation of companies
- Application under the Foreign Investment Act for foreign investors to hold shares in local companies
- Share issues, transfers, redemptions and repurchases
- Preparation of Unanimous Shareholder Agreements
- Dividend payments
As part of our advisory service, we can undertake a governance review against the most relevant benchmarks. These insights give directors information that helps guide their decision-making.
Board Support and Minutes
Aegis provides a range of Board Support services that help to improve the quality and efficiency of your meetings and corporate governance processes.
As well as reducing your administrative load, we will provide advice on company law and the management of the meeting.
In preparation for Board and Shareholder meetings, we can assist with:
- Preparation and dissemination of notices
- Preparation of agenda
- Circulation and delivery of materials and papers to participants
- Ensure compliance with legislation
During the meeting itself, our professional corporate secretaries will ensure the proper administration of the meeting and take minutes.
Post meeting, we will deliver the minutes and follow up on action points and other deliverables.
Corporate Governance Advisory
A robust corporate governance framework can help improve the structure, organisation and decision-making of your company.
Aegis will prepare a bespoke Corporate Governance manual built on your structure and that framework.
Guidance will be provided regarding:
- Accepted business procedures
- Proper business structure
- Reporting lines and responsibilities
- Accountability, ethics, and personal responsibility
- Internal controls
- Company operational structure
- Board composition and Directors’ responsibilities
- Board oversight responsibility
- Functions of Chairman and CEO
- Board compensation
- Board meeting procedures
- Management evaluations
Compliance Health Checks
Compliance health checks form an important aspect of the due diligence process.
Aegis will review the company’s records to ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory regulatory requirements. We will also advise on remedial action to rectify any failings identified during the health check.
Estate planning is a personal service, since each individual’s circumstances are unique to them and their loved ones. Ultimately, it is all about making sure your wishes are followed.
Our team will advise and help you create, and put into effect, an Estate Plan that sets out how you want to distribute your assets to those who will inherit on your passing.