We wish to advise that there will be a Tax Amnesty in effect from 15th June 2019 to 15th September 2019 . This Amnesty is one of the provisions made in the Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2019
Although the Bill has not yet been assented, the Tax Amnesty intends to waive liabilities on all taxes where the tax is paid on or before the end of the prescribed amnesty period.
The liabilities which will be waived are:
- Interest on any outstanding tax due and payable for years up to and including the year ended 31stDecember 2018.
- Outstanding interest charged on any tax due and payable for the years up to and including the year ending 31stDecember 2018.
- All other penalties dueand payable on or in respect of any outstanding tax for the years up to and including the year ending 31st December 2018.
- All penalties on outstanding returnsfor the years up to and including the year ended 31st December 2018.
- All other penalties with respect to any returnfor the years up to and including the year ending 31st December 2018 and filed prior to 15th June 2019.
REMINDER OF AMNESTY FROM REGISTRAR GENERAL:
We also wish to remind you of the amnesty from the Registrar General in respect of penalties for the late filing of documents under the Companies Act which is in effect until 31st August 2019.
Our teams are always available to offer assistance for your compliance, corporate registry filings or taxation services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org