Aegis Business Solutions is pooling candidates for potential contract or permanent roles with our clients. If you would like to join our database, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the Subject line: Systems Administrator
- Identifies Information Technology related problems and resolve same in a timely manner.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the organisation’s operating procedures.
- Provides technical support to ensure the smooth operation of all the organisation’s computers.
- Assists participants with questions regarding pending transactions and use of all settlement-related functions.
- Manages virtualised infrastructure with respect to upgrade, maintenance, disaster recovery, backup, failover and failback.
- Ensures all upgrades are properly tested and that the test environments are secure and up to date.
- Ensures that backups are done and restores to the DR site are accurate.
- Manages access to the Trading and Settlement systems and other Line of Business Applications, ensuring that users have the correct security permissions.
- Assists operations with testing and implementation of new releases of Line of Business Applications.
- Manages the information system assets including hardware analysing equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Assesses current and future data processing needs and modifies existing systems or recommends new programs and hardware to meet user needs.
- Manages access to system resources ensuring that only the required level of access is given and maintains records to support such access.
- Provides the management for a computerised recordkeeping system, eliminating many manual records and minimises the need for outside vendor systems/support.
- Ensures systems are documented by writing of detailed descriptions of the system components.
- Assists in the training of user department personnel in the use of PC’s, terminals, printers and other peripherals. In addition to the program applications installed.
- Assists in the setup of PC’s, terminal, printers, software program applications and any other Information Communication Technology peripherals.
- Recommends and implements operating systems software changes and updates to keep systems at or above required performance levels.
- Implements approved changes to the production environment and monitor the impact of such changes.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Maintains contacts with all user departments, hardware vendors and other systems representatives.
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Performs routine System start-up and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Alerts the Assistant Information Technology Lead to any issues that are impacting or may impact the efficient delivery of quality service to the stakeholders.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and upgrading servers and for ensuring the servers are backed up.
- Ensuring server data is secure from unauthorised access and the efficient use of mission-critical software by the users.
- Perform light programming (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks eg. PowerShell).
- Reports to the Assistant Information Technology Lead.
- Liaises with Operations Supervisors and staff of the Company, Member Firms, Listed Companies and external users.
- Accountable for the efficient operation of the Computer Hardware and Network infrastructure.
- Tracking the support issues requested by all staff users
- Server, Network and User Uptime
- Timeliness to resolve and implement solutions for support issues
- Time management of daily tasks assigned and quality delivery
- Effective training of staff in the use of computer software, hardware and equipment
Value-Added Performance and Teamwork
- Timeliness of reports to member firms, listed companies and external agencies.
- Maintenance of error-free and virus-free computer machines.
- Knowledge of mission-critical software- and hardware- systems.
- Responsiveness to complaints from users.
- Frequency and nature of complaints from users.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Work experience and technical training 4-6 years of experience in administering HP Servers and HP P4300 SANS.
- Experience with Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server platforms or higher with an emphasis on Active Directory.
- Experience with MS SQL server 2008 and MS Exchange 2013 or higher.
- Experience with UNIX Systems, Redhat, Fedora, Debian and usage with Shell Scripting e.g. BASH, Korn etc. will be an asset
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations to include experience with Cisco routers and switches and internet firewalls.
- Advanced hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
- Maintains quality customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and is a team player with the ability to work well independently.
Must possess above-average organisation skills, excellent communication skills, and can demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.