Aegis Business Solutions is pooling candidates for potential contract or permanent roles with our clients. If you would like to join our database, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the Subject line: Business Development Officer
- To identify and recommend business development opportunities and product lines for the Company that will increase the income of the Company and contribute to the development of the local capital market.
- Identify opportunities to expand the existing core business of the Company including increased use of the Company’s various trading platforms viz the Equity Markets, Debt Markets, Repo Markets and US Dollar Markets.
- Assist in the development of the Company’s SME Market.
- Investigate, recommend and assist in the implementation of new business development opportunities to increase revenue for the Company.
- Prepare sound and valuable research for new business initiatives of the Company.
- Develop pipeline with opportunities and a prospect database up to (36) months’ out and provide the necessary progress reports as needed.
- Develop a programme to introduce to the market, new initiatives as identified eg: SME Market initiatives, Euroclear initiatives, Custodial initiatives, Margin Trading initiative, etc. and provide the necessary progress reports as needed.
- Develop new commercial and strategic partnerships with companies and other key ecosystem partners.
- Maintain extensive contact with existing clients.
- Develop and present client-focused presentations and assist in the execution of workshops across the country.
- Provide one-on-one financial counselling to potential clients and companies on products related to the organization.
- Identify any regulatory gaps which may impede market development, with the view of having same rectified.
- Identify regional/international niches which may be exploited to bring products to market.
- Ensure valuable business development recommendations are made based on a comprehensive understanding of the local and regional capital market operations.
- Ensure that relevant and up to date market research is conducted, to enable the Company to respond quickly to the changing business environment.
- Perform other related duties as may be required from time to time.
- First degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related Field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in the Securities or Financial Services Industry
- Experience in the field of Investments, preferably in the Brokerage Industry, Market research and Business development will be an asset
Knowledge and Other Skills
- Sound working knowledge of the local Investment environment and familiarity with the international Investment environments
- Working knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations of Trinidad and Tobago as they relate to the Securities environment
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multitask
- High level of emotional intelligence/ability to interact professionally and productively with direct reports, other team members and external parties
- Good knowledge of the operations of the Stock Company
- Good written, oral communication and report-writing skills