Aegis Business Solutions is pooling candidates for potential contract or permanent roles with our clients. If you would like to join our database, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the Subject line: Accounts Officer
To support the Financial Accountant in developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed reports on unaudited monthly management accounts for the company and highlight variances with supporting schedules and explanations.
- Ensure the monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory related obligations are performed and met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor the activities and performance of accounts receivable and payable function so as to ensure timely collection of receivables and payment to suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s budgets
- Generate and dispatch invoices to Member Firms and Listed Companies in a timely manner and liaise with them to ensure all relevant fees are received on a timely basis
- Post accounting entries with supporting documents, e.g. expenses, journals and receipts on a daily basis
- Assist in the preparation of the Investment Portfolio Report for the Capital Markets Development Investment Committee (CMDIC) on a monthly basis.
- Monitor the cash flow of the operating bank accounts and advise the Financial Accountant prior to funding.
- Assist in the internal and external audits by facilitating and providing accounting records and schedules to the internal and external auditors.
- Ensure accounting records are properly filed and stored.
- Assist in processing of Payroll and all related Statutory deductions.
- Conduct an annual fixed asset count to ensure accuracy of the fixed asset register.
- Prepare all reconciliations for the company
- Ensure that the company are always tax compliant and assist in the preparation of tax schedules.
- Other related duties.
- Interacts with Regulatory bodies e.g. BIR and NIB
- Meeting accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirming financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Maintaining accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guiding other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintaining financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoiding legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures in accordance with accounting standards, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Daily compliance with rules, operational policies and procedures. Errors minimized.
- Posting accurate accounting entries.
- Respond to all queries and/or requests received from internal and external customers.
- Remain up-to-date on IFRS changes and its impact on the organization.
- Accurate preparation and submission of Board Reports.
- Timely collection of Accounts receivable and payment to suppliers.
- External Regulatory Compliance.
Value added performance and teamwork
- Suggest solutions to problems and changes to procedures to improve efficiency.
- Takes responsibility for correcting customer service problems and corrects these problems promptly.
- Acts quickly and decisively to resolve any problem that may arise.
- Indirectly assists in other areas of the organization, by providing strong support to co-workers, and ensuring workgroup deadlines are met and contributing to a high level of morale.
- Leads special projects and achieves completion on time and within budget.
Qualifications and skills
- First Degree in Accounting or equivalent professional qualification eg. ACCA level III.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Working knowledge and experience of Peachtree Accounting Software will be an asset
Knowledge and other skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Software
- Excellent Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Good written, oral communication and report-writing skills
Ability to work well as part of a team.