|This position contributes to the success of Aegis by ensuring that all computer systems, peripherals and printers are tracked and maintained in optimum working condition.
- Provides primary trouble shooting support for computer hardware, printers and copiers
- Identifies, investigates and researches user questions and problems
- Coordinates referrals to Network Administrator
- Performs software and hardware deployments
- Maintains hardware and software inventory
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintains inventory supplies for all printers and copiers including preparation and dispatching of purchase orders
- Keeps all IT files current and in a comprehensive order
- Ensure the smooth running of computer systems
- Prepares and repairs network cables
- Conducts tape backup retrieval
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Adhere to and enforce the company’s safety policies including timely reporting of incidents and observations to Human resources department
- Maintain helpdesk.
|Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science.
- 2+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+, Linux+, Network+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- Proficient in writing batch scripts and software installation.
- Working experience of programming languages is an asset.
- Acts ethically – applies relevant codes of conduct, regulations and legislation, sets high standards of accuracy and attention to detail in records and reports to the highest standard of professionalism.
- Communication – speaks clearly and concisely, to inform and persuade. Writes grammatically succinctly and clearly. Seeks to improve writing style and effectiveness.
- Credible – develops personal credibility on the basis of expanding knowledge and skills and gaining a positive reputation with peers and colleagues
- Proactive – seeks new tasks and development opportunities. Identifies and develops new ideas, areas for improvement and is prepared to logically and robustly defend them.
- Sceptical – has an enquiring mind and questions opinion and facts by seeking supporting evidence. Unwilling to accept opinion or fact at face value unless sufficient trust exists.
- Business awareness – develops awareness of commercial / business principles.
- Continuous improver – understands what skills, knowledge and behaviours are necessary in job role and proactively takes steps to develop them, listening to and learning from colleagues and experts.
- Exercising professional judgement – applies professional knowledge to the benefit of colleagues and others; acting competently, diligently, honestly and with due regard to legislation, minimum quality standards and in compliance with the fundamental principles of ethical behaviour.
- Organised / Aware – implements effective time management skills and prioritises tasks on the basis of instruction, guidance and personal experience.
- Problem solver – solves work-related problems, demonstrating innovative, critical thinking and the ability to plan and undertake projects. Analyses complex data from both internal and external sources, demonstrating a clear understanding of the needs of clients and the business.
- Strong analytical skills – has the ability to collect, gather, visualize and analyze information in detail while possessing the ability to see a problem or situation from different points of view.
- General conduct– professional behaviour and appearance, resourceful, and client-oriented. Adheres to and complies with HR policies e.g. Dress code and Health and Safety.